The Colchester and Ipswich Hospitals Charity is the only registered charity dedicated to enhancing patient experience and staff welfare across the East Suffolk and North Essex Foundation Trust sites and is an umbrella charity for raising charitable funds for the benefit of our wards, departments and specialties. Our Charity Team also administer special appeals, legacies and general donations to the hospital.
We will always ensure that your generous gifts and donations are used for the benefit of the area of the hospital specified by our supporters.
If you or your loved one has received excellent care at our hospitals, why not say ‘thank you’ by supporting The Colchester and Ipswich Hospitals Charity?
Charitable giving by patients, the local community and businesses has always played and will continue to play a vital role in our hospital. Any donation, however, small or large and whether from patients, relatives or corporate supporters is warmly appreciated.
Through exceptionally kind donations received in the main from patients, their families and our local community our charitable funding usually reaches around £600,000 per year. Thanks to your help we help make a difference to over 3,000 people a day at Ipswich Hospital
We want to grow the amount of money that we can spend on research, treatment, patient care and experience as well as on staff development to make sure that we support East Suffolk and North Essex Foundation Trust Vision to continue to drive improvement in patient experience and be an outstanding provider of health services.
In delivering our vision we will:
- Respect and value our supporters
- Invest wisely and in a timely manner in innovation, education, facilities and staff welfare
- Administer the Charitable Fund in a prudent and professional manner, respecting the wishes of donors at all times
- Support the work of the East Suffolk & North Essex Foundation Trust and its staff in being an outstanding provider of health services for our population
We don’t replace NHS money; through generous donations we are able to add extra value and support pioneering and innovative work for the benefit of those that need us.
We hope our work inspires you to join us on this exciting journey to help more patients and their families across East Suffolk & North Essex.
Anyone that comes into contact with our Charity Team can expect:
- a cheerful, friendly welcome from our staff and volunteers;
- to be supported by kind people who care about you and the reasons for your gift;
- their personal information to be protected and only used in the way they have given permission for;
- to feel supported, inspired and motivated when taking part in our events;
- to experience an organised and efficient service; and to be supported by a skilled team that is always improving.